Friday 22 April 2016

LILLY, LILLY, LILLY

 

Click here for purchasing information.

 

#303 - 8 X 8 in ( 20.3 X 20.3 cm ) - Oil

It's seems so long since I've painted flowers. I really enjoyed doing these small, white lillies. Hmmm, well I really enjoyed painting the glass bottle too. I just love it when parts of the glass are lost into the background...........if I don't see an edge then I don't paint one. It's all about observation and only painting what you see, not what you know is there.

 

5 comments:

Carol Flatt said...

A delightful painting! Your colors are always so soft and understated. Love this!

Karen Johnston Daily Paintings said...

I love this Helen!! The simplicity and the brushwork is superb. I love the lost edges on the glass too!

Unknown said...

Simply beautiful. The subject is not easy as I have tried many times. These are so soft and gentle. Great little painting.

juliefordoliver.blogspot.com said...

You can paint the phone book!!!
An expression I have read but seeing everything you paint ending up with these wonderful Calla Lilies shows me what it means.
WONDERFUL, Helen, really wonderful!

Unknown said...

love your technique Helen so full of movement and life well done lots of love from the UK.