Wednesday 29 June 2016

BUS 472 - #3

 

 

#309 - 6" X 8" - Oil

Finally it was a sunny winter's morning. With clear skys and sunlight this meant that I had lots of contrast in my tonal values and the colours were more saturated. ( compare studies #1and #2 ) What I really liked was the dark blue colour of the road as a result of heavy rain overnight. By the time I finished the painting the sun had dried it out to its usual grey colour. These studies cleary show how the same subject can look so different under diverse weather conditions.

2 comments:

Karen Johnston Daily Paintings said...

Such a difference in this one Helen! I love the contrast and the dark blue looks fantastic with the greens and yellows!! Great studies:)

Helene Adamson said...

These studies are so revealing, and instructive! I think my favorite part is that lovely warm "white" on the house -- you're so good with whites -- but it's all just super.